When we adopted our first daughter, I had no idea what being a mom really meant. I didn’t realize how quickly that beautiful little girl would completely change our world and my life forever. Now, just a little over eight years and one more daughter later, I’m still in awe.
As much as I believe that we are here to guide and teach our children, I also know without a doubt that each and every day I learn just as much from them as they do from me. I’m so blessed to have them. So, today’s a day for just being thankful for the amazing life lessons I’ve learned from my kids.
- Real love is the first time you hold your baby in your arms.
- Sometimes we just need to cry
- No matter how many times you fall down the only thing that matters is that you get back up.
- To celebrate the little things from a single M&M to a bedtime hug.
- To eat desert first.
- To say I’m sorry more often and really mean it.
- That somedays are just going to be tough – move on because tomorrow will be better.
- A hug can fix just about anything.
- Time together can be precious – too much time together can be a battle.
- Siblings fight – all day, every day. They also love each other completely.
- My husband is the best man I know.
- There’s nothing quite so much fun as a puppy.
- When in doubt, have a campout.
- Perfection doesn’t matter as long as you’re spending time with the ones you love.
- The best things in life really are free, like my daughters’ kisses.
- Kids don’t see color, fat or thin, rich or poor – they just see friends and so should we.
17. Families aren’t just born – they’re made.
- Sometimes you have to go half way around the world to find the child that God meant for you.
- Staying busy is the key to staying happy.
- To take time each day to pick a flower.
- Nothing goes as fast as childhood.
- To stop taking myself so seriously.
- To love what you do and if you don’t find a way to do something else.
- It’s not really sharing if you didn’t want it in the first place.
- To know without a doubt that you are awesome, amazing and awe-inspiring no matter what anyone else says.
- That if you ask for it and believe you will get it, you will. (After all, Santa or Grandma and Grandpa are always good for it.)
- To reinvent yourself as often as possible – who wants to be boring.
- To love like you mean it, hug like you may never see each other again and pray like there’s no tomorrow.
And, I learn more from them every day! I hope you enjoyed this sappy mama post. Sometimes I can’t help myself.
I’d love to know what you’ve learned from your kiddos – post in the comments below.
If you’re looking for a little more happiness and motivations, check out these posts too:
As always, I wish you a strong family, optimal health and smart incomes.