When we adopted our first daughter, I had no idea what being a mom meant. I didn’t realize how quickly that beautiful little girl would completely change our world and my life forever. Now, just over eight years and one more daughter later, I’m still in awe.
As much as I believe that we are here to guide and teach our children, I also know that I learn as much from them as they do from me every day. I’m so blessed to have them. So, today’s a day to be thankful for the amazing life lessons I’ve learned from my kids.
- Real love is the first time you hold your baby in your arms.
- Sometimes we need to cry.
- No matter how often you fall down, getting back up is the only thing that matters.
- To celebrate the little things, from a single M&M to a bedtime hug.
- To eat dessert first.
- To say I’m sorry more often and mean it.
- That some days are just going to be tough – move on because tomorrow will be better.
- A hug can fix just about anything.
- Time together can be precious – too much time together can be a battle.
- Siblings fight – all day, every day. They also love each other completely.
- My husband is the best man I know.
- There’s nothing quite so much fun as a puppy.
- When in doubt, have a campout.
- Perfection doesn’t matter as long as you spend time with the ones you love.
- The best things in life are free, like my daughters’ kisses.
- Kids don’t see color, fat or thin, rich or poor – they see friends, and so should we.
- 17. Families aren’t just born – they’re made.
- Sometimes you must go halfway around the world to find the child God meant for you.
- Staying busy is the key to staying happy.
- Take time each day to pick a flower.
- Nothing goes as fast as childhood.
- To stop taking myself so seriously.
- To love what you do, and if you don’t, find a way to do something else.
- It’s not sharing if you didn’t want it in the first place.
- To know without a doubt that you are awesome, amazing, and awe-inspiring, no matter what anyone else says.
- If you ask for it and believe you will get it, you will. (Santa, Grandma, and Grandpa are always good at it.)
- To reinvent yourself as often as possible – who wants to be boring?
- Love like you mean it, hug as you may never see each other again, and pray like there’s no tomorrow.
And I learn more from them every day! I hope you enjoyed this sappy mama post. Sometimes I can’t help myself.
I’d love to know what you’ve learned from your kiddos – post in the comments below.
If you’re looking for a little more happiness and motivation, check out these posts too:
What to Do When Life Throws You a Curveball – How to Deal With Things that Don’t Turn Out Like You Expect
The 10 Biggest Mistakes I’ve Made as a Mom
10 Ways to Get Motivated when You’re Tired, Frustrated and Ready to Give Up
Three Crazy Simple Tools for Dealing with Depression and Anxiety – What I Learned from the Mom Conference
I always wish you a strong family, optimal health, and a smart income.