I’m glad you’ve popped round.
Let me introduce myself.
I’m Adria Schmedthorst and I’m a stay at home mom, wife, serial entrepreneur, chiropractor, fitness fanatic, and yoga nut.
Just like you, my life is crazy…
Filled with my two kids, my husband, our 9 pound Maltese named Buddy, our families, work, chores and as much fun as we can fit in (not nearly enough).
This is Buddy and yes, the kids love to dress him up. I think it’s hilarious too and he’s a really good sport :).
I’m trying to do it all and have it all.
I’ve created a full-time income from home so that I can spend time with my girls.
And now, I’m on the journey to create a blog that helps families like ours to grab more health, wealth and happiness.
How It All Started
I met my husband, Mark in high school.
That’s us at our wedding in the picture below. It’s crazy how young we look. I was just 19 and Mark was 20.
And, here we are now…
Yes, we’re high school sweethearts and still going strong after over 20 years of marriage. We got married in college but we waited to start a family until we had the careers we were looking for. Mark was a tech guy and worked for Verizon for years and I became a chiropractor.
But, after adopting our oldest child, we both started feeling the need to find a way to spend more time with her. We’ve since created a full-time income working from home and added a second kiddo to the mix. So, now we have two beautiful girls and the truly blessed but more often than not crazy life we always dreamed of.
We’ve done it all from real estate to online businesses.
And, we’ve done it all together as a family.
Now, we’re looking to help families just like ours and build a successful blog in the process. With Fit Family Finances, I’ve combined my three biggest passions – creating a strong family, optimal health, and smart incomes.
And we hope you’ll be a part of our journey.
Movie: Romancing the Stone – My best friend, Michelle, and I could quote every line by the time we were 12.
Food: I’m a steak girl all the way – What can I say, I was born and raised in Texas :).
Guilty Pleasure: Big Red – I know, I know… Sodas aren’t healthy but every once in a while you’ve got to treat yourself.
Song: Anything by Pink, Bruno Mars, Meghan Trainor, Adele, Kenny Chesney or George Strait – I’ve got varied tastes.
Activity: Yoga – Especially Bikram or Hot Yoga
Type of Vacation: I’m a beach girl all the way. Give me my Kindle and a beach chair and I could be happy for life.
Funny Things You May Not Know About Me
- I skipped a grade in school (2nd) – it meant I was always the youngest in my class.
- I can pinch a penny tighter than anyone I know (It comes from getting married young and having no money).
- I love martial arts and took TaeKwonDo growing up.
- My oldest daughter is from South Korea.
- I have Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis (that’s a long term just to say my body attacks and kills my thyroid).
- I’m extremely competitive and have to be the best at everything I do (I think this comes from playing basketball in school – no really, I blame it on my parents).
- I have one sister who lives less than 10 minutes away from me.
- I’m not much of a cook – my husband does all of that and he’s great at it.
- I am a health nut (I have to be to keep my thyroid problems from packing on the pounds).
- I ran my chiropractic practice for over 10 years and loved every one of them.
- I have two beautiful daughters who I love so much it hurts.
- I love to watch my husband play baseball – he can still hang with the college kids.
- I am a crazy Kindle fanatic – I read tons of books every month.
- I hate coconut in deserts but love eating coconut chips (go figure).
That’s just a little bit of who I am.
So now that you know more about me than you probably ever wanted to, what’s next? Well, that depends on what you’re looking for.
Family and Home
If you’re looking for ideas for family time, reconnecting with your hubby, organizing your home life, and more, you might want to check out some of these posts.
Better Health and Fitness
If you’re ready to optimize your and your family’s health, get in shape or make some great diet choices, these posts could be what you’re looking for.
Budgeting and Building a Home-Based Income
Maybe finances are your big concern and you need help budgeting. Or, you may want to know how to create a home-based income or even build your own blog. If so, you’ll want to read these posts.
Most of all, I would just like to say thank you so much for visiting me here at Fit Family Finances! I would love to connect with you on social media, so be sure to say “hi!” on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter. Talk to you soon!